Professional help on how to prepare a good Lab Report
A lab report is a usual task for students who study natural sciences (chemistry, biology, physics) and need to support their research by lab experiments. For experienced scientists, the lab report is a routine task that, however, summarize the results of long-term work. The lab report is close to a process analysis essay since it should include an explanation of an experiment purpose, the list of needed equipment, description of an experiment itself, and the results of the whole work.
How to write a lab report
An approximate algorithm for preparing a lab report:
- The first step is to compose the title. It should reflect the main question your experiment is all about. Make sure it is not too general.
- Formulate a problem statement and a hypothesis
- Explain the background of the problem, the history behind it and its importance
- Define terminology. Explain what you mean by each particular term
- State the purpose of the experiment clearly
- Description of the experiment:
- Give a list of materials, reagents, and equipment
- Provide a stepwise description of the lab operation process
- Indicate possible errors during the process
- Give a list of various circumstances that need to be taken into account (e.g., air pressure, air humidity, etc.)
- Give a comprehensive description of results, which includes:
- Logical presentation of the obtained data
- Identifying the consistent patterns and specificity of the obtained results
- A conclusion should contain:
- Summary of received information
- Interpreting the results of the experiment regarding the problem stated at the beginning of the report.
- Indicating whether the experiment has proved or disproved the initial hypothesis
- Format the references.
While doing your laboratory work, take notes at every stage of the process to make sure you won’t miss any essential details in your report.
How to profit from StudentShare
In our database, we have lab reports on biology and microbiology, analytical and organic chemistry, reports on physics that are prepared by the students according to general academic requirements. If you are going to write your first experiment report, you can use lab report samples as templates to follow.
Also, we provide writing services, so you can entrust editing, proofreading, and formatting of your report to our editors and be sure your work will be done properly.