Download file to see previous pages...
I saw that you made a direct connection between the animals that face the danger of being extinct and the languages that face the same problem. I respect both, but do not you think that this comparison is an exaggeration?
- Well, that depends on the position that you are willing to defend. You see if you want to preserve the population of an animal, all you have to do is to make that it has enough wood and space to breed. You may eliminate some enemies, but basically this is the only what you have to do. And what does it bring to you or the humanity? Just a bigger number of the animals that live on the planet? Contrary to that, if one preserves a language, what one is actually preserving is culture and culture is a mental framework that is able to provide people with answers to different question about the world and the Universe. Can you see the difference?
- If you put it this way, I surely can. However, I do not think that there is such close connection between one’s language and one’s spirit. After all, we are humans and we have the same spirit, though we might express its in different word.
- All right, I can see you point. There is another aspect of you book that I liked: you note that many native languages often possess more names of plants and animals than the contemporary science. Do you think that the scientists could make use of this database and enrich the scientific knowledge?
- Absolutely! That is one of the reasons why I think that we should protect languages: they store a considerable array of knowledge that otherwise is lost. Of course, it does not mean that to a certain extent science will have to rely on the folklore, but the native knowledge might show the right direction. In other words, the fruitful cooperation between the two is likely to contribute to development of the entire human civilization.
- Now I understand. Moreover, I think that the process of interaction with the native people that you
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
As we say “Majority is authority”, the majority cannot vote for bad or something not of worth. They would definitely be going for someone who could translate their interests and their thinking. The people should be divided into different interest sectors and categories so that they have little time to concentrate over issues like discrimination, disruption and being an oppressor.
However, a good number of conventional researchers have failed to come with a comprehensive description on the most effective approaches of engaging audiences in media activities and operations (Lawler 2008, p. 76). The 1980’s and 1990’s development in media that lead to the adoption of new approaches of engaging audiences in media played a incredibly decisive role in replacing the conventional political economic perspective.
Going through a marriage ceremony is, therefore, akin to swearing by the Bible in legal proceedings to "tell the truth, the whole truth" which, if violated, will cause the filing of a perjury case. The problem with a marriage certificate is that violation of its edict, which is being blatantly committed in this day and age, cannot be prosecuted.
were the qualities and drive of the event organiser, the importance of assistance from local, national and international agencies, and the choice of venue. These factors were then compared with the particular aspects of sport event management given in the three lectures
Motivation to join the militant groups needed not come from poverty or even total religious devotion, but it was majorly fueled by the desire to escape alienation. The al Qaeda led a social network that mobilized the people to start the terrorism.
e of the ethical issues that are linked with community policing includes increase in corruption since community police are in direct contact with a particular community. Furth more, community policing even faces the issue of bribes that are offered to cops in shape of gifts.