In this paper, “Bakhtin’s Principles of Carnivalesque” the author attempts to relate his design collection with that of Bakhtin’s principles of Carnivalesque. The ideal figure in today’s society has a liking towards the ‘Grotesque Body’. …
Download file to see previous pages...
1. Pros: Since the designs have primarily been designed for women, they exude sexuality. The woman’s sexuality has been celebrated in my design through the subtle use of cuts and fits that emphasize womanly curves.
2. The celebration of Life and Death: My collection is a celebration of both life and death. Life is celebrated by using contemporary patterns and forms, and yet the element of death is not forgotten. Death is hinted at through the monotone palette used in the entire collection.
3. Gender Roles Ambiguity: Though this collection is designed for women, the use of colors and the form of the designs create an ambiguity of gender roles. I have used a palette that goes away with the vibrant colors so that the outfits could enjoy more of a unisex feel.
4. The celebration of the ‘Grotesque Body’: When I created this collection, I chose to accentuate certain curves of the body, while doing away with those that are not considered flattering in today’s society. The ideal figure in today’s society has a liking towards the ‘Grotesque Body’.
5. Social Overturning: In this collection, the element of social overturning is also found. Using bold shapes and cuts, I have been able to create an aura of authority for the wearer of the garment. As this collection is meant for females, I have to able to give authority to females in a male dominant society.
6. Crowning and Uncrowning: The coats and layers that are present in my design collection create an impact of crowing and uncrowning. Coats are usually associated in the modern world as a symbol of the business and elite class. While coats create the whole feel of the garment, they could also be removed and thus the element of crowing and uncrowning is also present.
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Above their guidance, managerial and conceptual skills I thank them for their encouragement, patience and support. I am privileged to have attended the course of ‘Design Principles’ with Mr. Peter Sun as its instructor who made sure that each of his students got the clear perception and understanding of the concepts and skills of the principle concepts in the course.
What comes to mind in this discussion is the play, The Accidental Death of an Anarchist. The play derives a lot of its elements from the genre of pantomime and the silent actions that the madman performs combines elements from Brecht’s epic theatre and also from the traditional genre of the pantomime.
Marketing in the simplest form is defined as the activity and processes entailed in the creation, communication, delivering and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients and partners. In the endeavour to be effective in marketing, certain principles must be followed.
The company has the highest number of employees standing at about 147,000. This highest number of employees is imperative in enabling the company to successfully provide services in about 200 countries. The company has been facing increased competition from other rival groups dealing with soft drinks.
o be given long-term employment guarantees in exchange for no-strike agreements, thus protecting the company’s interests in regards to disruptive labour organisations. Today, however, there are considerable risks to the lifetime employment guarantee from a legal perspective, a
They celebrate the spring festival from the beginning of the first lunar month, first day.
From the lens of Bakhtin’s carnivaslesque, he intended to display the extent of the society members’ motivation to operate in ritual
The product can also imply to the services, which it is rendering to the consumers. As in the case of SleepWell, its products consist of bedding. For the products to fetch higher value, they must be of quality since
s of cultural theory as well as by concentrating on the philosophy of popular culture, which specifically deal with the carnival event in the European community. In this context, Bakhtin claims that carnival is slightly different from the real world or it can be argued as a real