Download file to see previous pages...
The model is statistically significant and thus useful in determining future demand. Note that, significant F = 1.6455* 10-11 (approximately equal to zero). The implication is that the model is relevant with the estimators statistically different from zero (i.e. β1 ≠ β2≠ β3≠0)
5. Now omit the price and temperature from the regression equation. Should a marketing plan for soft drinks be designed that relocates most canned drink machines into low-income neighborhoods? Why or why not? (20%)
The negative sign in the income coefficient implies that a change in income influences quantity of soft drink cans consumed in the reverse direction. Therefore, the region with the lowest per-capita income will have the highest consumption.
However, given that the R2 is 0.11 ( very low), the independent variable only explains 11% of the changes in the dependent variable leaving a very high percentage ( 89%) to be explained by other factors, hence not a good
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
The economics and profile of the US carbonated soft drinks (CSD) industry was initially presented, prior to delving into the evolution of the US soft drink industry, where the cola wars started and transcended through diverse time periods. With new challenges that emerged in the late 1990s, Coke and Pepsi’s struggles to adapt to the changing environment and competitive pressures were expounded to finally seek the paths available to both institutions in the CSD industry.
The variations on what a particular segment requires are a point of concern. Different markets pose different characteristics and consumption patterns thus every market calls for a specific approach. For instance, Coca-Cola’s to the United states market is completely different from that of Asian market in that the latter takes carbonated drinks while the former declines completely.
As the study stresses soft drinks cause weight gain in several ways. One of the ways, as put forward by nutritionists, is the consumption of high-fructose syrup extracted from corn because it deprives the body of its ability to control appetite. In America, “64.5% of adults over the age of 20 are overweight, 30.5% are obese, and 4.7% are severely obese” .
Being a large company with different products, YHS (Yeo Hiap Seng) strives to optimize the performance of the company through the individual contribution of the subdivisions.
Soft drinks appear to be slowly but steadily overtaking hot drinks as the largest beverage sector in the world (Deloitte, 2008).
Coke could have done some study on this to discover certain similar kinds of campaigns to promote a healthy competition between the two- Coke and Pepsi. Coke also invested a lot of money on advertisement, increasing the vending machines and bigger shelf spaces yet there was
Delicious Deli’s system is designed in such a way that food and beverage costs and profits are structured based on a percentage. If the percentage of food damaged in any way or unsold is very low, the manager receives a bonus. In case of a high
The research aim is to analyze the impact of soft drink consumption on health. This study would focus towards identifying health issues which are related to soft drink consumption. The major objectives of the research paper are
y continues to face creativity and innovative approaches towards its organizational operations, it also focuses on environmental maintenance aspects such as corporate social responsibility, endorsing scholarships, as well as charity donations. Innocent Drinks Company has