This report aims to highlight the main aspects of the Boral Executive development program and to link the concepts of adult learning theory and program design to it.The case also highlights the changing role that HR executives must play in learning organizations…
Download file to see previous pages...
Boral Approach to Executive Development is a one of its kind program that has all the necessary elements that can make any program successful. Not only does it induce self-directed learning but also links performance to tangible results. It also allows for application of learning to real business cases and hence reinforces whatever learning is acquired during the course of the program. Some recommendations that can help Boral HRD practitioners make this program even more beneficial for their organization are listed below:
1. Currently this program is only for senior level executives who have achieved some recognition in the organization already through their hard work and capability. Boral can initiate such a program for middle and lower level managers and employees as well, so that they can develop technical, conceptual and social skills appropriate for their managerial level.
2. Boral can also take input from participants in order to make this program even more successful. Suggestions can be rated according to their impact on program and originality and the best one can then be incorporated into the executive development program.
3. Technology can be used to facilitate distance learning. Currently participants are expected to gather at a common place and take classes where it is convenient for all. If the scope of this program is extended then it will be beneficial to use video conferencing and other such tools to allow employees in remote locations to benefit from such a program.
4. In order to support ongoing learning in the workplace, Boral should seek assistance from higher institutions for vocational education and with universities.
5. Boral HRD practitioners should participate in professional associations and form networks with HRD practitioners of other organizations in order to keep themselves updated with respect to changing workforce development needs.
Learning has become, and will remain, an important issue for humans, as more and more nations now look towards evolving into "learning societies". Work organizations are becoming important
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
(“Balancing Executive Development Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.org/human-resources/1532230-balancing-executive-development
(Balancing Executive Development Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3500 Words)
“Balancing Executive Development Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/human-resources/1532230-balancing-executive-development.
Of these different distinct management styles in different parts of the world three different styles are most significant. These are Anglo Saxon, French and the Japanese. At the operation level the companies in different parts of the world like Asia, Europe and US are sharing their ideas and their own strategies and then implementing in their businesses for the best practices in different parts of the world.
Rapid changes in technology, culture, science, and a litany of other categories means that a nearly incessant stream of updated, changing, and newly pertinent/relevant information exists within the global system. The forces of globalisation that have so heavily impacted the way in which the course of the latter half of the 21st century has unfolded continue to play out and shape the ways in which decisions are made and outcomes are generated.
se development is it must be participatory – a ‘bottoms up’ exercise, where ordinary people understand, initiate, and control the process.” (Taking Stock of Democracy in Zambia – Peter Burnell Abstract)
Over the years, development administration has become a field of
This was one of the primary topics for financial economists. According to the comparative analysis, it is evident that there were few of the fundamental needs as well as general judicial principles came into light
Ethnography, in a broad sense, tackles the socio-economic and political lives of individuals that occur according to given ethnic and racial identities. This view is essential since it examines behavior and
Why has a campaign that was launched with a lot of support and pomp just 19 years ago lost the plot? Are international organisations such as the United Nations doing enough? In this paper, the writer will present arguments to support statement that gender