Nobody downloaded yet

Occupy Wall Street Movement - Essay Example

Comments (0) Cite this document
Occupy Wall Street Movement The movement The Occupy Wall Street Movement is a movement which is backed by strong power of the common mass of the United States of America. The movement started on September 17, 2011 in the Liberty square in the financial district of Manhattan…
Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
GRAB THE BEST PAPER96.9% of users find it useful
Occupy Wall Street Movement
Read TextPreview

Extract of sample
"Occupy Wall Street Movement"

Download file to see previous pages After that it spread to around hundred cities in the United States with actions all over the globe in and around 1500 cities. The movement is to fight back against the 1% richest in the country who are in the process of steering the rules of the economy and practicing them unfairly jeopardizing the lives of remaining 99% who are the common people (Occupy wallstreet, about) Protestor’s notion The slogan of the group is, “we are the 99 percent”. The remaining 1% is all the haves i.e., that is, the “banks, the mortgage industry, the insurance industry, etc.; and the 99 percent refers to the have-nots: that is, everyone else” (Occupy Movement Wall Street). This notion incorporated a rising sense of exploitation among the US nationals done by these 1 % haves over the 99% have-nots. The protestors stated that the common people cannot be simultaneously working and poor. The protestors were guided by some particular demands. They demanded free and fair elections. They also stated that money flowing from the corporate into the elections will be eliminated, there will be only public funding, and public election channel should be made the centers of debate and educational campaigns. After the elections there would be no financial gifting or gifting requirements for meeting privately with the selected officials. There should be properly operated televised public as well as transparent investigations regarding the financial meltdown, mortgage derivatives, and returns of the taxpayers. The protestors also demand of telecasted transparent investigations in the social security funding along with its background and allocation details. There should be also securing of low risk investment policies to the funds borrowed from the social security funds. Corporations are channelizing jobs at lower wage rates to the countries which lack basic human sustainability and the Americans are losing jobs continuously. The corporations are required to operate here by providing the local nationals jobs (List of Goals for Occupy Wall Street). Reactions from opposing political parties There was initial hesitation regarding the spread of the movement from both the Democrats party and the Republicans. This can be thought of a natural response to any protests in its initial phase (Klein). The democrats and the occupy wall street movement pose similar concerns related to the economic inequalities. The democrats refused of engaging with their lot with the protesters of the movement confronting the police and the squats in the public encampments. The Democrats embraced the movement with spreading demonstrations across the country with the attainment of robust support from the progressive traditional institutions. The democratic leaders stated that the movement has many positive sides to it. The democrats supported the central message of the movement which aimed reflecting the large economic inequalities growing up in the country due to the greed of corporate. The democrats are quite enthusiastic about the movement and they believe that the sentiments are increasing in a rapid pace within the country. There were even more progressive democrats who showed more enthusiasm. Some of them stated that, “I’m so proud to see the Occupy Wall Street movement standing up to this rampant corporate greed and peacefully participating in our democracy” ...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
  • APA
  • MLA
(“Occupy Wall Street Movement Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 words - 1”, n.d.)
Retrieved de https://studentshare.org/history/1462889-occupy-wall-street-movement
(Occupy Wall Street Movement Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 Words - 1)
“Occupy Wall Street Movement Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 Words - 1”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/history/1462889-occupy-wall-street-movement.
  • Cited: 0 times
Comments (0)
Click to create a comment or rate a document
Occupy Wall Street Movement
5 Outcome of the Movement 7 Conclusion 8 References 9 Introduction Call it a peaceful rally or a protest movement, the Occupy Wall Street Movement surely created a stir in the US and the rest of the world in September 2011. This was followed by the uproar created at Tahrir Square movement in the early months of 2011.
7 Pages(1750 words)Essay
Occupy wall street movement
The movement is nothing to do with politics; neither there is formal organization nor leadership. It represents the progressive thinking and ideology of the public against various economic and social issues which include exploitation, corruption, economic inequality, poverty and social injustice, concentration of wealth and lack of corporate social responsibility.
6 Pages(1500 words)Essay
Occupy Wall Street Movement
The protest has been observed to experience numerous debates that will determine if the movement is reasonable or is an abuse of freedom of speech and right to dispute. Occupy Wall Street movement started on September 17, 2011 in the Zuccotti Park of New York.
6 Pages(1500 words)Essay
The Occupy Wall Street Movement: Demand for Equal Educational Opportunities to Ensure Economic Equality
The paper tells that one of the most important things that set this movement apart from others is that this movement has engaged a large number of students as protesters. According to Claudio Sanchez, education correspondent for NPR, more and more students are protesting against soaring college tuition fee, increasing student loan debts, and the limited job market that has resulted due to outsourcing of labor.
12 Pages(3000 words)Essay
Occupy Wall Street
It was also a protest against the lack of political representation for those who are not wealthy in this country. The group was formed partially in response to the 2008 economic collapse, which was seen as the fault of the large banks in this country, and partially because the fact that the group sees that this country simply has too much economic inequality between the haves and the have nots.
4 Pages(1000 words)Essay
Occupy Wall Street movement
This essay discusses that the Occupy Wall Street Movement has played a great role in pressuring the government of the United States to ensure that equality is maintained. The protest has seen a decrease in wealth disparity between the rich and the poor. It has also ensured that the right to education is enjoyed all.
11 Pages(2750 words)Research Paper
Occupy Wall Street Movement
Moreover, the other major issues comprise the handling procedure of the government in respect of worldwide financial crisis and most importantly the function of corporate money particularly in the political system of the US. All these significant issues ultimately paved the way towards the emergence of Occupy Wall Street movement.
8 Pages(2000 words)Admission/Application Essay
Occupy Wall Street Movement
The movement goes by the slogan “We are the 99%” to represent the majority (Gaviria & Smith). This movement originated from a proposal by an anti-consumerist publication that generally protested against the lack of legal action for
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
Occupy Wall Street Movement
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) has been referred to a movement which was instigated on the 17th of September, 2011 from New York City’s Wall Street and is still in the process of continuation. The protest is generally marched towards better corporate facility services, political influences, proper income distributions and reduction .
5 Pages(1250 words)Essay
Occupy Wall Street
Guided by concepts from Douglas Holt (Holt & Cameron, 2010) we will discuss potential options that Apple could enact in order to capitalize upon the Occupy
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
sponsored ads
We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.
Let us find you another Essay on topic Occupy Wall Street Movement for FREE!
logo footer
Contact us:
Contact Us Now
FREE Mobile Apps:
  • StudentShare App Store
  • StudentShare Google play
  • About StudentShare
  • Testimonials
  • FAQ
  • Blog
  • Free Essays
  • New Essays
  • Essays
  • Miscellaneous
  • The Newest Essay Topics
  • Index samples by all dates
Join us:
Contact Us