The web advertising industry has expanded and continues to evolve almost every day. According to a recent projection from Jupiter Communications, global online ad spending is expected to expand from $7 billion in 2000 to almost $28 billion by 2005…
Download file to see previous pages...
The web advertising industry has expanded and continues to evolve almost every day. According to a recent projection from Jupiter Communications, global online ad spending is expected to expand from $7 billion in 2000 to almost $28 billion by 2005. Online ad spending represents almost 6% of total advertising expenditures in 2005, up from 2% in 2000 (Flores, 2000). T This is due to the fact that web advertising is distinct from other mediums in a way that it enables consumers to directly get interested with the advertisement. A consumer can click with his or her mouse on the ad for more information, or take the next step and purchase the product in the same online session (Sung, 2000). Web advertising also gives advertisers the opportunity to specifically target an audience, enabling them to target advertisements that are customized to each consumer's buying patterns or interest (Sung, 2000).1. Ideal Kids. The kids in commercials are often a little older and a little more perfect than the target audience of the ad. They are, in other words, role models for what the advertiser wants children in the target audience to think they want to be like. A commercial that is targeting eight year-olds, for instance, will show 11 or 12 year-old models playing with an eight year old's toy (Common Advertising Strategies).2. Heart Strings. Commercials often create an emotional ambience that draws consumers into the advertisement and makes them feel good. The McDonald's commercials featuring father and daughter eating out together, or the AT&T Reach Out and Touch Someone ads are good examples. Consumers are more attracted by products that make us feel good (Common Advertising Strategies).
3. Amazing Toys. Many toy commercials show their toys in life-like fashion, doing incredible things. Airplanes do loop-the-loops and cars do wheelies, dolls cry and spring-loaded missiles hit gorillas dead in the chest. This would be fine if the toys really did these things (Common Advertising Strategies).
4. Life-like Settings. Barbie struts her stuff on the beach with waves crashing in the background, space aliens fly through dark outer space and all-terrain vehicles leap over rivers and trenches (Common Advertising Strategies).
5. Sounds Good. Music and other sound effects add to the excitement of commercials. Sound can make toys seem more life-like or less life-like, as in a music video. Either way, they help set the mood advertisers want (Common Advertising Strategies).
6. Cute Celebrities. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sell pizza. Spuds McKenzie sells beer. "Joe Cool" camel sells cigarettes. All of these are ways of helping children identify with products either now or for the future (Common Advertising Strategies).
7. Selective Editing. Selective editing is used in all commercials, but especially in commercials for athletic toys like frisbees or footballs. Commercials show only brilliant catches and perfect throws. Unfortunately, that's not the way most children experience these toys (Common Advertising Strategies).
8. Family Fun. "This is something the whole family can do together!" or "This is something Mom will be glad to buy for you." Many commercials show parents enjoying their children's fun as if the toy will bring more family togetherness (Common Advertising Strategies).
9. Excitement! Watch the expressions on children's faces. Never a dull moment, never boring. "This toy is the most fun since fried bananas!" they seem to say (Common Advertising Strategies).
10. Star Power. Sports heroes, movie stars, and teenage heart throbs tell children what to eat and what to wear. Children listen, not realizing that the star is paid handsomely for the endorsement (Common Adverti
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
(“Web advertising.Dominant advertising strategies Essay”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.org/e-commerce/1521716-web-advertisingdominant-advertising-strategies
The Americans proved successful at detonating their first nuclear weapon in 1945, an even that shocked the world and dramatically changed the strategy of warfare forever. The Russians surprised the world by detonating their first nuclear device less than four years later.2 Russia then followed the US by only 4 years in detonating its first thermonuclear (Hydrogen) bomb, beginning a major pattern of back and forth that would continue throughout the Cold War, with one side creating a new development that would improve their ability to destroy the other, followed nearly immediately by the other side catching up or surpassing the other technologically.
Advertisements can be delivered through several media modes such as radio, internet, magazines and television (Keri, 2005).
According to Sheriga (2008), early advertisements were just black-and-white. This meant that they did not have a lot of information.
Advertising has become necessary in business or any endeavor these days. Businesses and organizations need to get the attention of the mostly busy 21st century citizens of the world. Advertising strategies have to be well planned in order for it to be successful in
print media may include; the use of magazines, newspapers, brochures, which can be printed and circulated physically to the public. Print media posses a permanent attribute since they can be kept for future use. When starting a business, advertisement is crucial
Thus, enabling such a company to move more goods, increase its market share and consequently its profit. To achieve this, such a company needs to go beyond just creating those products and making the goods available to
The ad ran during the Super Bowl, a traditional American sporting event. This related to American consumers who love the event and also appreciated the value of having a personal computer.
The purchase of an iPhone 5c is an opportunity to join an elite mobile phone category.
In view of all these, an advertising strategy involves two distinct parts. These includes: Assessment and Action. The assessment section majorly involves everything that is going on in the market at that particular moment (Craig, p57). It entails the history, the key trends
For instance, the use of the term old or elderly may refer to the person as weak and frail. The sales people should opt for terms such as senior citizens or seniors. The use of print advertisement should be
1 Pages(250 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Web advertising.Dominant advertising strategies for FREE!