Download file to see previous pages...
However, large communities are also located throughout Europe – the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, China and Russia (BBC News, 2005). About 50 countries are said to consist of Muslim-majority population. Of them 62% live in Asia – namely India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia. (BBC News, 2005). Only 20% of Muslims live in the Arab countries and the Middle East. From the non-Arab countries the largest Muslim-majority countries are Turkey and Egypt (BBC News, 2005). Green (2009) reports that approximately 87% - 90% of the Muslims are Sunni and the vast majority of the rest 10% - 13% are Shi’a.
2.) Describe the religious beliefs of the group as they relate to health related issues such as birth, death, illness, health, treatment, etc.. Also describe any religious rituals associated with health or illness practiced by the group.
For Muslims the most important aspect of their religious observation includes cleanliness. On the seventh day after the baby was born the head has been shaved. This ritual indicates that the child now is a servant of Allah (Islam, 2010).
Other important fact concerning the healthcare of the Muslims is related to their daily diet. They are forbidden to consume pork or alcohol. In Muslim dietary there is a certain proportion that has to be observed one-third should be food, one-third water and one-third air. However, not many Muslims stick to this balance (Bilal, n.d.). Crane (2010) comments extensively the healthcare traditions in Muslims, though, she points out that there are many who do not leave in a Muslim majority country. According to Crane (2010) Muslims believe that there is a cure for every illness and besides general medicine they apply other alternative medications. Also blood transfusion and organ transplantation are acceptable, although this contradicts with the statement that there is a tradition of respect for the body
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
The other side of the argument, in view of the over-population which results to pollution, is family planning and one child policies which was implemented in Japan and now creating a dilemma of not enough youth to carry them on into the future. Though the argument is well taken that policies as such may result to a problem in the long run, we cannot disregard the fact that the population itself is increasing in an exponential pattern.
These are discussed and analyzed as Moodely and West (2005) justified the need for understanding a patient’s personal health and healing belief as part of a holistic approach in health care delivery. It is understood that one’s spirituality and health belief directly affects one’s healing, coping, wellness, and total well being.
They even believe that those who work hard stay healthy (Rizzo, & Jett, 2006).
Haitians use preventative strategies where possible. Those include praying, keeping warm, and avoiding drafts, using herbal teas and eating foods considered healthy which they believe is garlic, plantain, and vitamins (Rizzo, etal, 2006).
Some states have been more proactive than others through the state administered Medicaid programs at monitoring expenses and containing health care costs. Two of the country's largest states, New York and Texas, have similar demographics, yet vary significantly in the amount spent and the Medicaid program structure.
Female agency refers to the presence of women as intermediates in various operational procedures which are acted out through them. It has a more passive tone than female autonomy which refers to the more active self-governing, self-determining and ultimately, self-controlling actions
would volunteer to help my parents when they were not feeling well, and I was the one that lent a helping hand to my friends when they needed some form of care.
As time passed, I grew more and more interested in health care, medicine and the art of helping people in need. I
Health Care System is the total network of agencies, facilities, and health care providers in a specific area. In addition, health care system is an organized and structured plan of different health care services that made to be readily available to the population with
Therefore, a clear mission statement serves as a source of inspiration for the employees for providing direction to set financial and ethical objectives. Moreover, it offers guidance to workers in making decisions and establishing organization’s motives.
Owing to this fact, this population experiences increased prevalance rates and mortality to a wider range of diseases. The most prevalent health issues impacting on this population entails heart disease, cancer, liver disease, respiratory
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Muslim Religion- Analyzing Their Beliefs- as they relate to Health Care for FREE!