Download file to see previous pages...
The country is made up of 63 Islands, the main island being referred to as Singapore inclusive. The connection to Malaysia is man-made which are Johor Causeway to the North and Tuas to west. The current reclamation of land has increased the country to 716.1 square kilometres from 581.5 square kilometres in the 1960s (Teo, Peggy, Chang & Ho, 54). There is an anticipation that the country will grow by 100 square kilometres by the year 2030. Some parts of the country’s land have been donated for parks, reserves, nature ways tree lines, roads and nature ways among other natural areas.
Climatically Singapore, is characterized by a tropical rainforest climate without any seasons, temperatures and pressure are consistent, high humidity and very high level of rainfall (Teo, Peggy, Chang & Ho 66). Temperatures vary from 22 to 35 degree centigrade while humidity is 79% before noon and 73% thereafter.
The country, as in the year 2012, had a population of about 5.3 million people which consisted of 3.3 million, accounting for about 62% of the citizens while the remaining 38% represented foreigners (Chiu, Stephen, Kong-Chong Ho & Dale Lü, 298). About 23% of the citizens are not citizens by birth, but are born in foreign lands as there were about half a million permanent residents. 37 is the median age of its population having an average household size of about 3.5 persons. The major problem in Singapore is limited land which has led to large populations living in subsidized, high rise, public housing apartments (Teo, Peggy, Chang & Ho 145). There are very high numbers of domestic helpers in the country.
The estimate, as per 2013, on fertility rate assumed to be around 0.79 per woman. This represents the lowest fertility rate in the world (Teo, Peggy, Chang & Ho, 198). This has been a major problem in Singapore and to solve this problem the
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
The nation’s credit rating has been downgraded, bond prices have become unsustainable and austerity measures are in the offing. The southern region of the country has the additional problems of illegal immigration, drug smuggling and organized crime in addition to relative underdevelopment both in the industrial sector and in technical skills of its populace.
A flow of major initiatives serves as the gateway for the drive of the country to cement its place among the rest of Africa. The report on 2012 which was launched in Johannesburg acts as the evidence to the wide ranging efforts of the government of the considered country to boost the industrial sectors particularly the manufacturing sector which could increase the employment opportunities of the country.
Despite having the largest economy, the economy was hugely affected five years ago following the economic recession that occurred due to the financial crisis of 2007 and 2008. The crisis saw the economy of the U.S. decline to all time low ever witnessed for more than a century (Bureau of Economic Analysis, 2013).
The author states that the country of Egypt has gone through various turbulences in the recent times. This has some effect on the economic and political condition and has brought the country under various challenges. The objective of this paper is to find out the various nuances of the economic and the political aspects of the country.
This essay explores the country’s foreign trade and GDP, monetary system, exchange rate policy, foreign policy and the reform process that began two decades ago put the country into a fast pace of economic growth. These macroeconomic measures helped to become one of the leading economies of the world in a decade or so.
“The unauthorized resident immigrant population includes all the foreign born non citizens without legal residency, the unauthorized immigrant population estimates were 10.79 million people as of January 2010 (Hoefer et
In 2013, Hong Kong recorded an economy growth of 2.9 percent. The economic growth was 2.2 percent as compared with the same period in 2013. Private consumption spending dropped to 1.4 percent year-on-year. Investment expenditure, which include
The author of the paper states that on the immediate situation, the movement has affected the economy. In the sector, hotels, restaurants, and retail are the most affected. In 2013, 41 million visitors from mainland China went to Hong Kong. This year, the number of visitors from the mainland has gone down.
Slovenia, a member of OECD experienced a serious decline in its economic growth and unemployment followed by fiscal austerity programs undertaken by its government to recover from the crisis of 2008. Such steps were taken in view of the outstanding debt burden, excessive credit growth and low risk assessment in the economy.
12 Pages(3000 words)Research Paper
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Research Paper on topic The Economic situation of a given Country for FREE!