This project will use cross-sectional data obtained collected all over the UK and which has information on wages, health, smoking, drinking, education and other socio-demographic characteristics of individuals
The first part of the analysis will focus on exploratory analysis of…
Download file to see previous pages...
will use in-depth statistical analysis processes to create models relating the different observations, particularly that between gross weekly earnings (grmain1) and other observations such as age, sex, race, years of education and number of years in employment, among others. Correlation analysis will also be used to investigate the strength of the relationship observed between the dependent variable (gross weekly earnings) and other independent variables. A residual plot will be used to confirm the presence or absence of outliers, the plot will also indicate whether there were any particular areas where the model greatly under or over-predicted the relationship between unemployed persons and persons seeking employment.
From the results, it is observed that othe sample consists of 7227 respondents. The mean income is obtained as 10.3 and this corresponds to an income category of £300-350 per week. The standard deviation is obtained as 4.5 and this corresponds to an income category of £100-125 per week. This implies that on average, the respondents’ salaries differ from the average earning by this amount.
The STATA output shown indicates that the greatest proportion of respondents (20.23%) earn over £600 per week followed by those that earn £300 - 350 and £250-300 with 9.5% and 9.2% respectively. Apart from persosn that do not earn anything, the income category of £50-75 has the least number of respondents.
It is observed that out of the 7227 respondents, 47% were male while the remaining 53% were female. These percentages correspond to 3398 and 3829 persons respectively. Observing these percentages, it is seen that both sexes made up approximately 50% of the sample. Further analysis of the data on sex in later sections of the paper will give further findings.
The greatest proportion of respondents have “white british” ethnicity followed by “any other white background”. The two ethnicities account for almost 95% of all persons surveyed. This
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
(“Econometric Project Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2000 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.org/macro-microeconomics/1620342-econometric-project
(Econometric Project Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2000 Words)
“Econometric Project Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2000 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/macro-microeconomics/1620342-econometric-project.
In the current world, having motors capable of producing high power output is a necessity. This is because such motors are driven in extreme conditions requiring high speed, and abrupt changes in direction as well as being subjected to heavy loads. It is not easy to find motors for use in such conditions under a tight budget.
From third year, the generator will become operative and start providing the cash inflows. Cost of capital is assumed as 8% for this project. Discussion held subsequently emphasizes upon the present values of the cost of the project as well as the after-tax cash flows pertaining to the project.
This model considers the asset’s sensitivity to systematic risk and the expected rate of return of a theoretical risk-free asset (Malz, 2011). The capital asset pricing model is founded on the assumption that beta (?) determines the investor’s cost of equity capital.
The wage differentials and human capital framework has been the debate of microeconomics decisions and policy making. Human capital is a doctrine which states that human capital is investment which requires cost and pay premium return over the lifetime, in monetary or non-monetary form. It is suggested that high schooling yield higher returns.
This study could provide a demographic snapshot of your state's foreign-born population based on data from the 1990 and 2000 U.S. Censuses and the 2009 American Community Survey.
2. Agricultural Development - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Prospective Plantings Report, released Tuesday (March 31), didn't show much change from last year - acreage devoted to soybeans practically the same, corn down 1 percent.
The last two are expressed as proportions. The data has been derived from 'London Metropolitan University's' Website section "Quantitative Research Methods" Module: ECP054C 'Assessment for January, 2007, French Consumption Data (Excel file).
Econometrics itself means 'economic measurement' (Econometrics, Wikipedia, 2006).