The attacks of September 11 (usually written as 9/11) is a series of attacks happened in 2001 in U.S.A. There were four coordinated terrorist actions under the lead of Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda. Those terraces resulted in 2.996 people’s deaths, and also 6.000 were heavily injured. The damage to the infrastructure and property was valued to be approximately $10 billion.
The effects were huge. Consider the only fact, that this topic is still discussed, after 16 years! So, let’s go one by one.
- The destruction of the World Trade Center and nearby infrastructure caused serious damage to the economy of Lower Manhattan and had a significant effect on global markets, which resulted in the closing of Wall Street until September 17
- the civilian airspace in the U.S. and Canada were closed until September 13.
- Many closings, evacuations, and cancellations followed, out of respect or fear of further attacks
- Cleanup of the World Trade Center site was completed in May 2002 only
- The Pentagon repair took a year.
- Numerous memorials, including the National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City
- Various international reactions and military operations against the ‘muslim world.’
I’m not really sure of the causes, for there were a lot of rumors and not much of the facts. It is also suspicious that al-Qaeda firstly denied the involvement in the operations, but then after three years, Osama bin Laden claimed responsibility for attacks.
There is a good paper on the topic; it might be helpful. I like it for not taking sides