We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.
Nobody downloaded yet

Project management - Assignment Example

Comments (0) Cite this document
Summary
QUESTION #1: THE APPLEGOLD CIDER COMPANY Current Situation Applegold currently has an important decision to make as the demand of the product has been increasing over the years and now the company needs to have more kegs so that they can meet the increasing demand…
Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Polish This Essay92.4% of users find it useful
Project management
Read TextPreview

Extract of sample
"Project management"

Download file to see previous pages However, these kegs would be used in the years to come. Currently the problem is that manufacturing kegs would require cost and the company is not ready to make high investment and therefore it is evaluating whether it should manufacture kegs or not and if they should then in how much quantity. The management feels that so much cost would be tied up in kegs and they would only be able to use it for a month. If the company invests this amount then it can earn 10% interest income on the amount. Considerations for the management while making decision According to the accountant, cost of one keg is ?40 and if the company plans to have 8,000 kegs then a total of ?320,000 would be tied up in kegs unnecessarily. Therefore the opportunity cost of the company for making this investment is ?32,000 as the interest rate is 10%. There are three alternatives that the company currently has and these alternatives are: 1. They need to produce 8,000 kegs 2. They need to produce 4,000 kegs 3. They do not need more kegs These are the three alternatives that the company has currently however the management predicts that the demand of these products could increase by the following rates: There are 60% chances that the demand would increase by at least 10% in August. There are 30% chances that the demand would increase by at most 10% in August. ...
ion and decisions that the company can make A Decision Mode If demand increases by 10% If demand does not increases by 10% If demand does not increase If demand increases by 10% If demand does not increases by 10% If demand does not increase If demand increases by 10% If demand does not increases by 10% If demand does not increase Decision The decision to order kegs would not only help Applegold to meet the increasing demands in August but at the same time it would impact the customer satisfaction level as well as this decision would be helpful in increasing the customer base. In addition to this, Applegold needs to think about the long term and by investing today in the kegs the company not only would be able to increase its sales for the current year but these kegs could be useful for the years to come. The current market share of Applegold in the cider is approximately 30% and this can be increased which would be helpful for the company in the long run. This decision could also impact the customer satisfaction level and as when products are not available then customers can become dissatisfied and they might switch to competitors’ product. And once a customer has switched it is difficult to regain him therefore lost of one customer could decrease the revenues that the company might earn in the years to come. In addition to this, a lost customer might also take others with him and it could become a chain for the company and they might start losing customers. Therefore it is important that the company makes an investment as it will be beneficial in the long run. The total revenue of the company was ?60 million along with a pre-tax profit of ?6 million and with this investment the sales of the company would improve further and thus it would also improve the ...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
  • APA
  • MLA
  • CHICAGO
(“Project management Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3750 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.org/statistics/1394682-project-management
(Project Management Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3750 Words)
https://studentshare.org/statistics/1394682-project-management.
“Project Management Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 3750 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/statistics/1394682-project-management.
  • Cited: 0 times
Comments (0)
Click to create a comment or rate a document
CHECK THESE SAMPLES - THEY ALSO FIT YOUR TOPIC
Project management
It then discusses possible approaches to procurement, identifying and justifying a procurement strategy for the different phases of the project lifecycle, including consultant appointment processes and contract types. Finally, a detailed schedule for the duration of the project will be provided that is fit for the purpose of managing the pilot project.
18 Pages(4500 words)Assignment
PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The task is to present a Project Initiation Document for a project. The project is to develop the document that is required and not the document itself. This is to include two items 1. A Project Initiation Document and 2. A ten page power point presentation.
10 Pages(2500 words)Assignment
Project Management
The paper focuses on project management. Even if the constraints for schedule and budget are met, the question of project delivering what it intended in terms of results and quality to meet customer satisfaction is critical for measuring the project success. Experience has shown that most of project failed due to unclearly or ambiguous project.
11 Pages(2750 words)Assignment
Project management
Project planning engages a cycle of measures which facilitates to determine an effective process to accomplish the goals as well as objectives of the organisation (Public procurement Guide, 2008). In this context, the Project Management Office (PMO), Project Control System and Risk Management are a few of the major steps that ensure the success of a particular project.
3 Pages(750 words)Assignment
Project Management
EST = LFT on the predecessor (Heerkens, 2002). For instance, activity C is equivalent to LFT of activity B. EFT is computed through duration addition to EST. Therefore, EFT=EST+Duration. For instance, activity C EFT= EST +the duration. The crucial activity is the task with the longest time in the group recognized as the crucial activity (Goralski, 2009).
3 Pages(750 words)Assignment
Project Management
e then responsible for directing the project activities, information focal point for the sub contractors and also directly works as chairman of steering committee and interacting with both in-house functional groups and contractors. With all these duties the project manager
2 Pages(500 words)Assignment
Project Management
Time constraint was severe for both projects. Manhattan required the development of an atomic bomb to end the war in a shortest time. For Pathfinder, a landing vehicle was required to be developed in three
1 Pages(250 words)Assignment
Project management
above mentioned principles and characteristics of a project are very significant because they underpin the strong foundation of a project upon which its success lies. It helps in planning, organizing and meeting the objectives of the project along with its accomplishment in a
11 Pages(2750 words)Assignment
Project management
Project manager and other team members should be committed to the project. If project members and managers will be committed they will be able to work proactively and will complete work on deadline
11 Pages(2750 words)Assignment
Project Management
In the case on HP, the need to develop a product applicable to elementary school pupils proves imminent and hence the need to have HP commit its resources ranging from employees to finances to the development of a product that suits these level of users.
24 Pages(6000 words)Assignment
Let us find you another Assignment on topic Project management for FREE!
Contact us:
+16312120006
Contact Us Now
FREE Mobile Apps:
  • About StudentShare
  • Testimonials
  • FAQ
  • Blog
  • Free Essays
  • New Essays
  • Essays
  • The Newest Essay Topics
  • Index samples by all dates
Join us:
Contact Us