Download file to see previous pages...
2) The documentary stated that marihuana was like “a gift of revenue to organized crime” since prohibition has not reduced the demand for this multibillion dollar crop. Organized crime has been supplying most of the product consumed in the U.S., providing them with a profit driven virtual monopoly where billions of tax free dollars are earned by the organizations who supply the market.
3) The WAR on Drugs has only benefited the government, special business interests, and organized crime. In 2005 there were 745,546 arrests for marihuana violations. The DEA agency is one of the main beneficiaries since around 80% of their operating budget is invested in marihuana prohibition enforcement. Without marihuana prohibition most of the DEA would be without jobs.
4) The price elasticity of illegal marihuana is approximately -.4. With the legalization I would say that the demand curve would be look fairly similar if prices stayed about the same because of price regulation. If prices stay unregulated the market will drive prices down, thus the demand would probably become more elastic over time. The demand curve would eventually become close to perfectly elastic since production costs could drop to a few dollars per ounce. The price elasticity the graph could become almost perfectly flat or elastic.
5) Individuals will lose the right to any federal financial aid for college education. A criminal record can prohibit them from finding any government or private employment options. It will cause a stigma of discrimination towards the individual in our society
6) If you had 10,000,000 your best legal investment bet according to the documentary is in pharmaceutical companies. Since the patent process protects the companies from competitors for 20 years, they can charge whatever they desire for their products. For 2005 the pharmaceutical industries revenue increased by 5.4%, with over 251 billion in
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
The business aviation community (International Business 2011) is concerned with the environment and has taken up the measures in order to reduce the environmental dilapidation attributed by the business aviation aircraft operations (GAMA 2010). Aviation sector contributes (2-3%) of the total carbon emissions in the world. Business Aviation contributes (1-1.5%) of the total aviation carbon emissions (2-3%).
Cordial industrial relations are increasingly important for the both the employer and the employees’, in a changing and rapidly globalized business economy. This essay examines the ways in which the UK labor unions have been formed over time, and the effects of different factors on the increase and decrease in the union membership in UK.
On the one hand, they do not want to be seen as taking sides or as pandering to certainly political causes only for the sake of self-gain, yet to remain silent could prove detrimental to their business. Starbucks has long been in such a position. From its early days, the Seattle based company has tried its best to remain above the political fray.
The paper also entails three years’ financial forecast for the proposed business. A. BUSINESS DESCRIPTION XYZ Event Planners will provide complete services for wedding, anniversaries and other special events. The proposed business will have an office located at downtown Houston, Texas.
Marketing Objectives - The main objective would be educating the public and creating awareness among them about organic food and the benefits they may get by consuming it. Also, focus should be on tapping as many customers as possible by using different kinds of innovative strategies.
The Direct Approach is positive and straight forward. Here are a few questions one needs to answer, before employing the deductive method:
Firstly, one needs to understand what kind of incident is it reporting. The direct approach is often used for positive news and reports.
In the EU, the Treaty Functioning of the European Union (TEFU) is like the jewel in EU law’s crown. This is because it gives the national court power to follow up with Court of Justice and request it to make rulings regarding
According to Musil (2014), the Protestant community seems to be the most vibrant when it comes to issues of environment since they carry the bigger percentage (3). The Protestants have been active since the early 1960s and 1970s. One of the major responses was by the
The credit rating agencies are required to abide by various ethical codes of conduct in rating the companies. Self regulation is considered as the most preferred technique for keeping the credit rating agencies unbiased and flexible in order to face the challenges in the
3 Pages(750 words)Assignment
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Assignment on topic The Union: The Business Behind Getting High for FREE!