Summary to essay on topic "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies"
1. Export product from the United States. This strategy is already an established way of reaching foreign market. As the company will not be setting up a manufacturing plant in Europe, it will not be concerned about the high cost of investment in building and equipment…
Download file "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies" to see previous pages...
It cannot also modify the product that it offers to the European market. The company will also have to deal with the high marketing expenses and will need to deal with the government authorities in keeping with their regulations on exporting.
2. Enter into an alliance with a large European company. Let us write or edit the essay on your topic "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies" with a personal 20% discount.. Try it now Entering an alliance with a European company offers myriad of benefits for Dale. For one, this will enable the business organization to share risks and costs associated in entering the European market. Since, it will be dealing with an established firm which is already prominent in the target market, its entry will be much easier. Conforming to government regulation is also facilitated by the partnership. It should be noted that governments often favor local companies than foreign ones. Through the partnership, Dale will also benefit from the European company's knowledge and brand equity in the market together with the technology and other expertise of its partner. However, drawbacks can include mistrust in sharing proprietary technology and cultural clashes. Dale also has to deal with how to split the profit noting the asymmetric investments by the partners.
3. Manufacture the product in the United States and set up a wholly owned subsidiary in Europe. Manufacturing the product in the home country will enable Dale to reap economies of scale in production. Setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in Europe will allow the company to control marketing tactics and building brand image. It will also enable Dale to learn more about the market and tailor its product according. However, this will present concerns over government regulation and having to deal with a workforce with a different culture.
4. License a European firm to manufacture and market the phone in Europe. This will benefit Dale with a high return on investment as it will be given a high fee for the manufacture and marketing of the revolutionary wireless phone. No intervention in the foreign market is required as the licensee shoulders all the risk involved. The only downside is its inability to reap returns on manufacturing and marketing activities.
It is recommended that Dale chooses to partner with a large European firm in manufacturing and marketing its product abroad. This partnership will enable the company to enter the market easier while using the strong brand equity of the large firm. Sharing the risk with another entity is a potential way of mitigating risk. It should be noted that its partner's knowledge about the market will allow it to tailor its product according to unique needs of its target market.
1. How does expanding internationally benefit Wal-Mart In the international arena, Wal-Mart recognized that opportunities in the home country were becoming constrained. Wal-Mart is benefited from the international expansion through capturing a wider market base. It should be noted that as most developing economies improve their condition, opportunities abroad abound. The higher income in foreign markets represents profit prospects for retailers. The company also reaps economies of scale in purchasing and ordering due to its strategic partnership with merchandise suppliers. International expansion also enables it to employ its expertise and capabilities while banking on its strong brand equit
...Download file "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies" to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies"
(“International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies Essay”, n.d.)
International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies Essay. Retrieved from https://studentshare.org/miscellaneous/1513550-international-managementcase-study-and-set-the-strategies
(International ManagementCase Study and Set the Strategies Essay)
International ManagementCase Study and Set the Strategies Essay. https://studentshare.org/miscellaneous/1513550-international-managementcase-study-and-set-the-strategies.
“International ManagementCase Study and Set the Strategies Essay”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/miscellaneous/1513550-international-managementcase-study-and-set-the-strategies.
Cited: 0 times
CHECK THESE SAMPLES - THEY ALSO FIT YOUR TOPIC "International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies"
The author describes that the products that EliteClean manufactures are: washing machines; tumble driers; dishwashers and more recently range cookers. The product lines are dishwashers; laundry (washing machines and tumble driers); and range cookers. The dishwasher line is manufactured in South Korea; the laundry product line in China.
From the paper it is evident that a global approach to regulate corporate governance will not benefit multinational companies, because economic as well as political aspects differ from one country to the other. The globalisation, which aimed the integration of the whole world economy, caused far reaching troubles to many economies.
Generally, there are four kinds of staffing approaches namely as Ethnocentric, Polycentric, Geocentric and Regiocentric. These approaches are discussed in this article along with their potential advantages. Ethnocentric Approach This is the most common approach of staffing for those organizations that are currently in their initial stage of spreading the operations of the business on global arena.
Apple, by stock market capitalization, is the largest technology manufacturer and marketer in the world. Many of the products offered by Apple include the MAC personal computer, iPhone, iPad and iPod which continue to contribute very high sales volumes and brand loyalty both international and domestic.
Global marketing is one of the areas that have attracted the most research attention in the international marketing literature. A major theoretical logic in global marketing has been that a firm’s strategy must fit its external environment (the industrial organization view) and its internal environment (the resource-based view).
Four distinct types of parenting as 1) Indulgent, 2) Uninvolved, 3) Authoritarian, and 4) Authoritative, are identified in the literature (see References) and it further ‘discusses the consequences of the different styles
Critically evaluate this statement in relation to the different forms of international/global alliances which exist within and across industries or organisations with which you are familiar, or which you may have studied.
The above quote is a very provocative statement and,
The operations have gone smoothly in most European domains except for the Netherlands where the human resource management framework has not been able to live up to expectations. The problems confronting the company are many fold including problems
Survival and success of a business rely on decisions made by all involved parties. However, all alliances must possess certain characteristics to make them favorable for a partnership. A good alliance partner should be committed to the business, coordinate with others, and be a risk taker.
When a company plans on creating a subsidiary, it does so because it wants to keep up with the international demand. Hence, the company decides to open of subsidiaries in each of the international countries and then transfer authority to these subsidiaries. The strategic control of these franchises will be individual and independent.
1 Pages(250 words)Research Paper
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Save Your Time for More Important Things
Let us write or edit the essay on your topic
"International ManagementCase Study and Set the strategies"
with a personal 20% discount.