Nobody downloaded yet

Breast Cancer Occurring during Pregnancy - Research Paper Example

Comments (0) Cite this document
The objectives of this study are to discuss various aspects of breast cancer during pregnancy, considering incidence rates, management, and possible outcomes. Then to make suggestions for future practice in order to discover ways in which practice and prognosis could be improved…
Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
GRAB THE BEST PAPER97% of users find it useful
Breast Cancer Occurring during Pregnancy
Read TextPreview

Extract of sample
"Breast Cancer Occurring during Pregnancy"

Download file to see previous pages Women have a 12.67 % of developing breast cancer during their lifetime. ( National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program Cancer Statistics Review rates from 2001 to 2003.) According to Loibl S, von Minckwitz G, Gwyn K, et al. (2006) the condition will occur in one in 3000 pregnancies. Despite this, there have been few recent studies on the subject, especially those seeking to look for the histopathologic and immunohistochemical features which are combined in breast carcinomas in these patients, possibly because of the comparative rarity of the condition.
Pregnancy-associated breast cancer (PABC), often referred to as gestational breast cancer; can be defined as any cancer of the breast diagnosed during pregnancy and up to one year postpartum including lactation (Molchovsky & Madarnas, 2008). However, there is considerable variation among authors, with defined postpartum periods ranging from 6 months to 2 years. (Psyrri & Burtness, 2005). Another idea is that PABC can be defined as occurring during pregnancy and until lactation ceases. PABC is the second most common malignancy in women, after cervical carcinoma, and occurs in 1 in 3000 pregnancies (Pavilidis & Pentharoudakis, 2005). A mother is already facing the huge changes that come with a new child and when breast cancer is diagnosed concurrently with pregnancy and lactation this becomes a very challenging situation for the patient, physically but also psychologically and socially, as well as her family, physicians, and other health care providers. Treatment options, either local or systemic, are limited by concerns about possibly harming the fetus, and are also conditioned by the gestational length of the pregnancy. ...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
  • APA
  • MLA
(“Not Found (#404) - StudentShare”, n.d.)
Not Found (#404) - StudentShare. Retrieved from
(Not Found (#404) - StudentShare)
Not Found (#404) - StudentShare.
“Not Found (#404) - StudentShare”, n.d.
  • Cited: 0 times
Comments (0)
Click to create a comment or rate a document
Breast Cancer
...morbidity and mortality especially on the female population. It is also alarming that incidences of breast cancer are constantly increasing during the last three decades and this tendency is maintained till the resent day (Louwman et al 2008). It is believed that this is caused by the modern way of life and the changes that appeared in the habits and diets of modern way of living, changes in the reproductive behavior of the female population and other factors (Dignam et al 2003). This fact can be elaborated more clearly if we understand that the incidence of breast cancer is higher in western, developed countries and in countries that accept western way...
9 Pages(2250 words)Research Paper
Breast Cancer
...that this is about 80% of the breast cancers. In contrast, lobular breast cancer that takes place in the lobes where milk production occurs accounts from 10 to 15% of cancer patients (Weaver, 2007). Diagnosis. Diagnosis is “the process of finding the nature of the disorder” (British Medical Association, 2008, p. 170). In executing diagnosis, a medical professional “listens to a patient’s account of his or her illness and a physical examination is usually involved” and “tests may be ordered after the formation of a provisional diagnosis” (British Medical Association, 2008, p. 170). Breast cancer is...
5 Pages(1250 words)Essay
Breast Cancer
...(armpit) region, dimpling appearance of the breast skin or an unexplained pain in any part of the breast (Pennery et al 2008). Ulcerations on the breasts or fixation of the breast tissue to the chest wall are important signs of breast cancer. Another manifestation of underlying breast carcinoma is Paget’s disease of the nipple. It is the eczema of the nipple and the areola region and is not affected by any local therapeutic efforts. The erosion of the nipple occurs and it even disappears with the passage of time (Williams et al 2008). There are many queries about what should be the life style of a woman...
5 Pages(1250 words)Essay
Breast Cancer Chan et al (2010), adjuvant therapy is “any kind of hormonal therapy, chemotherapy or both”, which is administered after surgery or radiology to kill isolated cancer cells that metastasize to the different parts of the body and are still too small to produce any symptoms. The administration of systemic adjuvant therapy after the primary treatment has notably improved the survival rate of patients with breast cancer for five years (5 years) without the recurrence of the disease during that period (Boer et al, 2009). After the main or initial treatment for breast cancer that involved surgery, chemotherapy and systemic adjuvant therapy,...
5 Pages(1250 words)Research Paper
Breast Cancer
...? Breast Cancer Breast cancer, a new form cancer, has been affecting the people of the US by a considerable extent. According to the evolution made, it is one of the foremost causes of death of women in the US. In Miami-Dade region, there has been a steady rise in the occurrence of the disease in the past 5 years. Thus, there is a need to create awareness amid people to deal with this health related menace. Identification of the Problem Breast cancer is a kind of cancer which emerges from breast tissue. The breast tissue found in the inner lining related to milk ducts or...
3 Pages(750 words)Admission/Application Essay
Breast cancer
...factors as studies have indicated breast cancer occurring more in older women as compared to younger women worldwide (McPhee & Tierney, 2007, pp. 37-43). However, this augmentation begins to decrease after the age of menopause. Besides, it has been an observation that women in developed countries have been major victims of breast cancer due to their tendency of fewer children and lesser time spent on breastfeeding. Moreover, hormones are another important risk factor associated with breast cancer, as a higher level of endogenous hormones seems to augment the chances of having breast...
4 Pages(1000 words)Essay
Breast Cancer
...Breast Cancer: Research Proposal Introduction Transcription, in its simplest conceptualization is the synthesis of Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) from a DNAtemplate (McClean, 1998). Whether it is prokaryotic or eukaryotic, it first undergoes the process of initiation where there is a binding of RNA polymerase to double-strand DNA; then the second process follows called elongation where there is a development of a short stretch of DNA which is mostly of a single-strand (McClean, 1998); the last stage is the termination stage where there is a recognition of the transcription termination sequence (McClean, 1998). The RNA polymerase needs other proteins in order to carry out the transcription process. Ensuring...
5 Pages(1250 words)Essay
Breast Cancer
...Running head: BREAST CANCER SCREENING AND PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT Breast Cancer Screening and Physical Assessment / Course Date Total Number of Words: 827 Introduction The National Cancer Institute reported that approximately “182,460 women will be diagnosed with and 40,480 women will die of breast cancer in 2008. (National Cancer Institute, 2009a) Basically, the median age wherein breast cancer can be diagnosed is 61 years old whereas the median age wherein a breast cancer patient would die is 69 years of age (National...
3 Pages(750 words)Essay
Breast cancer
...population). Over 70% of cases diagnosed occur in women aged 50 or older but those women aged 50-69 can reduce chances of dying by 30% if they opt to have a breast screen once every two years (, 2009, p. 1). About 95% of all breast cancer cases occurred in women aged 40 or older but there is an observed decrease in women aged 80 and above (Reed & Audisio, 2009, p. 3). (Note: The yellow highlight (2 paragraphs) already total 299 words). Nursing Assessment and Background The human body’s lymphatic system is vast and complex, composed of the lymphoid tissues and lymphatic vessels that carry the white lymph fluid and is part of the immune and...
3 Pages(750 words)Assignment
Breast Cancer
...Global Prevalence of Breast Cancer affiliation Introduction Breast Cancer refers to the cancerous cells thatform around the breast. It is a common cancer diagnosis in women especially in United States. However, it can occur in both men and women. It is a malignant tumor in the breast. Malignant tumor is part of a group of cancer cells that grow in the surrounding tissues and spreads to distant areas in the body. Most of it starts in the cells of the ducts and others in lobules and others in some tissues. These cells in the breast are abnormal and they...
6 Pages(1500 words)Research Paper
sponsored ads
We use cookies to create the best experience for you. Keep on browsing if you are OK with that, or find out how to manage cookies.
Let us find you another Research Paper on topic Breast Cancer Occurring during Pregnancy for FREE!
logo footer
Contact us:
Contact Us Now
FREE Mobile Apps:
  • StudentShare App Store
  • StudentShare Google play
  • About StudentShare
  • Testimonials
  • FAQ
  • Blog
  • Free Essays
  • New Essays
  • Essays
  • Miscellaneous
  • The Newest Essay Topics
  • Index samples by all dates
Join us:
Contact Us