After reading the first draft of the literature review, the following are some of the improvements that I need to make:
1. I would review the introduction of my literature review to create a thesis statement. Usually, it is always important to have theses for research papers, which guide a write. In this case, I intend to include the thesis statement, “the invention of the internet has positively affected the information literacy and library skills amongst learners.”
2. After revising the introduction to include the thesis statement, I intend to describe the purposes of the literature review whilst identifying the major components.
3. There is need for the introduction to identify gaps in various studies in respect to the title
4. It is also important that the literature review is structured in a way that it identifies major aspects of the literature. For instance, given that impact of the internet on information literacy and library skills is a wide concept, the review will be broken down into:
a. Invention of the internet
b. Impact of the internet invention on information literacy and Library skills under:
i. Impact of the internet on plagiarism in student papers.
ii. The impact of the Internet on research methods among students.
iii. The impact of Wikipedia and other web 2.0 applications on the use of information.
5. Other than revising the review to include the above parts, it will be important to provide an analytical or critical review of the above mentioned aspects of the review