The paper "The Essence of Writing" describes that in his essay “How to Say Nothing in 500 Words,” Paul Roberts has provided the writing tips to help students make their assignments meaningful and unique. He has given nine powerful tips with the help which the strength of the writing can be increased. …
Download file to see previous pages...
1. The first tip of Roberts is that the writer should discard all the obvious ideas and content that comes to his mind in the initial stages of brainstorming. The obvious ideas are common to everyone and will not make any unique statement. Hence, to get fresh and revolutionary ideas that are different from others, the writer should build the paper based on those ideas that are hidden under the obvious ideas.
2. The second way to impress the reader is by taking the unusual side in the argument. By taking the side which will be avoided by most people, the content will have the touch of ‘unexpected’ element. The uniqueness will grab the attention of the reader and will keep him hooked.
3. The third tip pieces of advice to make the writing clear, illustrative and concrete, in order to make the reader actually feel the scenario which is being discussed in the paper. The abstraction does not create the magic and impact which the concrete and descriptive writing create. Hence, giving examples, real or imaginary, while making your point, gives a life to the argument and makes it convincing.
4. The author says that even if the writer has only a few points to discuss, he should not fill the paper with useless words. Instead, he should get into the details of those few points and fill the required word limit with the help of illustration and details of the points. This might make the content short, but it will have power.
5. The fifth tip is to be courageous and bold enough to express whatever one wants to express without wasting the words in beating around the bush. The writer should avoid using unnecessary words to hide his critical language or bluntness.
7. To make the content interesting, gripping and lively, the writer should use the words which makes the reader to ‘feel’ the content.However, these words, known as ‘colorful words,’ should be used according to the trend of the time
8. The writer should be prudent while using the words which have mental associations. These words, known as coloured words, have great power to recreate the feelings that are associated with these words.
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Cite this document
(“The Essence of Writing Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved de https://studentshare.org/creative-writing/1602336-summarise
(The Essence of Writing Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words)
“The Essence of Writing Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.org/creative-writing/1602336-summarise.
Some of the widely acknowledged subjects such as history are definitely one of them. Every individual craves for having comprehensive information concerning past occurences. For example, even scientists have a strong liking for subjects such as the first and the second world wars (Evans, 69).It attracts many people due to the need of information and the kinds of thought involved.
The thesis statement this paper would be holding is “No exhaustive list has been compiled and perhaps no exhaustive list can be compiled of the considerations which are relevant in determining the question of employment status, nor can strict rules be laid down as to the relative weight, which the various considerations should carry in particular cases.”
Our experiences can be wide and varied, and therefore people can have different definitions for different causes (which is the concept of relativism). Therefore, I do not agree with the essentialist approach to philosophy, which suggests that all things should have a single definition for existence.
The foundational element of this philosophy is the notion that existence precedes essence. That is to say, Sartre believed that rather than the individual’s personality being an innate and genetically established event, it was a aspect of existence that was determined in the changing nature of our daily lives; existence representing the self, and essence representing the articulation of this self-concept.
Even though one of the major themes of Camus’s The Stranger is irrationality and the purposeless existence of the universe and a human being, the writer was a great moralist, because his attitude to life and morality of human deeds were never uninteresting to the writer. People engage in futile attempts to find the meaning of their life.
There is little doubt that events and a person’s surroundings greatly influence the works produced in every generation. This area of institutionalizing advocacy and using art or the other way around paves the way for an aspect of art criticism which diminishes the value of art and even perhaps the advocacy in that these efforts do not quite amount to anything much.
Managers wishing to become better leaders need to understand their impact on the subordinates as well as the personal characteristics and qualities that contribute to the impact. Gaining knowledge on the impact guides managers on the context and purpose for the choices
It is distinguished from slander in theta the latter is an oral defamation. A libel is open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who is able to prove that the written allegations are all about lies. It is sometimes believed that the person making the libelous statements must have done it deliberately and he or she is malicious.
The first section deals with the general rules for composing short arguments, generalizations, analogy, and arguments from authority. The second section addresses argumentative essays. The book explains a number of sound rules
1 Pages(250 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Assignment on topic The Essence of Writing for FREE!