Volatile organic compounds (VOC) are hazardous air pollutants that include aerosols, asbestos, carbon monoxide released from gas fumes, dust gas fumes, paints, soot, and other resultant compounds such as decane, heptane, ethylbenzene and nonane (Gibson et al 5). Carbon is a…
Download full paperFile format: .doc, available for editing
Download file to see previous pages
Hair spray is a commonly used product that is in direct contact with air (Cortez 1). Proper ventilation can significantly reduce the negative effects of VOCs (Binggeli 1).
3. The effects on human health range from minor complications such as migraines to life-threatening consequences such as kidney diseases (Hill 136). Apart from harming humans through Bronchial, chronic coughing and breathing complications, the compounds have deleterious environmental impacts. Aerosol sprays emit VCOs that trigger ground-level ozone levels and promote asthma-inducing smog (Cortez 1).
4. Governments have been significantly involved in the control of VOCs through creation of pertinent laws, regulations, and rules. They issue permits, perform air quality monitoring, and supervise vehicle emission testing programs. Federal regulations ensure there are no chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), or other forms of ozone-depleting chemicals in commercially produced aerosol products.
5. According to WHO (world health organization), air quality is a significant factor that has global ramifications on animal health, welfare, and climate. WHO categorizes VOCs and their generic families as any organic compounds boiling between 240-260 °C up to 380-400 °C (European Chemical Industry Council).
6. The United Nations Environmental Programme believes that VOCs are responsible for cancerous effects (UNEP). In addition, some of the components of VOCs inhibit, such as ethylene, inhibits the growth of plants (Crespo, Graus, Gilman, Lerner, Fall, Harren, Warneke 67)
7. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has instituted several stern regulations to reduce the discharge of VOCs. In addition, it standardizes the amount of VOC that used in different products through stringent regulations (ISSA 2).
8. Researchers are involved in formulating appropriate measures to control the effects of VOCs. According to the Solvents Emissions Directive, VOCs are “any
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
Hair was created originally by James Rado and Gerome Ragni. The two collaborated on the text, dialogue, story, characters and lyrics as early as 1964, and continued through to 1967. The duo envisioned the score of Hair as something very new for Broadway.
The levels were determined to be 0.25ppm making the water to be potentially harmful to the health to the person who drinks or consumes it. Chloroform gets into the drinking water from the chlorination process
Spray tanning is found to be more safer as compare to all other alternatives of sun tanning. (Sullivan, 2007)
Spray tanning involves absolutely no ultra violet lights what so ever. It is a spray consists of dihydroxyacetone (DHA) and aloe vera. The aloe vera helps to enhance the DHA while giving the final finish a smooth soft appearance.
It shows that these incidences and processes not only take place in personal experiences, but also in a number of public and communal sites.
Candelario explores and explains how the Dominican Republic draws its historic ancestry and heredity to the amalgamation
Organic foods have a growing market, even though they have higher prices than conventional foods (Winter and Davis 118). The high demand for organic foods can be attributed to the benefits obtained from the food substances. Organic foods are nutritious and healthy because they do not contain harmful chemicals in farming.
Soot is hazardous to the health of humans. The molecular structures of several hydrocarbons affect the formation of soot. The high-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HRTEM) is used to measure the nanostructure of the soot
Academic literature and literature from reputable agencies and institutions extensively discuss volatile organic compounds because of their toxic qualities, and because they are prevalent in the environment, as byproducts of human activity. First, by organic compounds is meant compounds that contain carbon, an element that is present in all forms of life.
On the other hand, a compound is made of two or more elements held together by chemical bonds (Leong & Aik, 2009). The differences between mixtures and compounds are discussed below: A mixture lacks fixed composition while a compound has a fixed composition.
4 Pages(1000 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Save Your Time for More Important Things
Let us write or edit the essay on your topic
"Volatile organic compounds/ soot hair spray"
with a personal 20% discount.