Download file to see previous pages...
Oil sand is a composition of many substances including water, soil, sand and bitumen. The bitumen is the thick and vicious oil. For bitumen to gain importance, it must be subjected into a series of treatments (Alberta Energy 4).
The Alberta’s oil sands are of immense importance to both Canada and the rest of the globe as it supplies energy is not only more stable than other energy sources, but also reliable. Alberta’s oil sands utilize the most advanced form of technology in the extraction of oil, in addition to being the most developed in the whole world. Alberta’s oil has very many uses. Some of the uses include use of oil in driving cars, manufacturing of cosmetics, bubble gums and other substances like toothpastes. Researchers and developers have estimated that Alberta’s oil sand deposits will sustain Canada for a period of over a hundred and fifty years. However, with the current rate of extraction of oil at Alberta, the period of sustainability may fall below the 150 years. Even with the high rates of extraction, it is estimated that only a portion of about 20% has been extracted and the rest, 80% is yet to be extracted because of the huge depth the oil lays (Albertas Oil Sands Economic Benefits, pars. 2-3, 4).
The major method of oil extraction at Alberta oil sands is through steam injection. The steam is exerted to liquefy the bitumen, and water has to be pumped in to mix with melted bitumen, to facilitate it to flow the surface, from the underground. During the separation process, bitumen is obtained and the rest of the mixture is poured away. It is estimated that 75% of bitumen is obtained, and 25% is lost to waste during the separation process (Albertas Oil Sands Economic Benefits, pars. 2 & 3, 4).
Alberta’s oil sands are a great source of future prosperity to Canada. Oil is a major driver of a country’s economy. It is evident that all oil producing
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
The loan comparison to the deposits show a ratio of 76% which is an acceptable figure relative to Central Bank's guidelines of 75% to 85% . However, despite this good performance of Sample bank, her competitors are still at a higher level in terms of the profits.
Administration Dichotomy: Pros and Cons. The concept of ‘administration dichotomy’ was propounded and forwarded by Woodrow Wilson in 1887. As per Wilson, public administration as a discipline needs to deal with two challenges. The first challenge is visionary or directional in the sense that the objective of administrative study is to identify the policies a government needs to implement.
With this in mind, the single life provides a form of security that beats that of the married life in that it provides a sense of freedom that is not found in the married life (Toglia). It is because of this freedom that single people do not have to depend on other people to make decisions pertaining to their lives because there is no second or extra variable or angle from which to think.
The major conclusions are consequently connected to the problem of information leakage, which distinguishes between R&D outsourcing and production outsourcing. The author finds that the optimal outsourcing contract could or could not be performance-based. In the first scenario, a revenue-sharing performance oriented contract is the balanced outcome which ensures there is no leakage of information.
Additionally, facts based on which the healthcare plan has been initiated in the US will be discussed elaborately. I will critically analyze different aspects of the healthcare plan throughout the paper. In this regard, I will use
Policies made by a judge also hold prestige and are bound to be respected and followed to the letter as any failure to this will lead to legal battle that the judges obviously have to win as one of their own made the policy
Many people today despise employment because employers have to be the subjects of their employees under all costs. Further, there have been cases where employers have been said to be mistreated, harassed or even retrenched