National Security Council from its inception in 1947. Compare and contrast the role of the U.S. NSC system created for the Cold War with the new one that emerged after the 9/11 attacks and the war on terrorism.
Download file to see previous pages...
Department of State, Office of the Historian, 1997; NSC Home). As diplomacy seemed to be failing, there was an increased need to coordinate the US defense bodies which include the Marine Corps, Air force, CIA, Navy, and the United States Army. The National Security Council was created with the President being the chairperson. Members included secretaries of state of state and defense. This council was established to coordinate foreign policy and defense policy and get ready in case of eruption of a war after its inception. As outlined in the 1947 Act, the role of the NSC was to advise the president on the integration of policies that had a direct or indirect relation to national security. This council was also mandated with the function of facilitating interagency cohesion and cooperation.
Policies that were proposed in relation to national security had to pass through the council for consideration. The functioning of the council was altered by various occurrences such as the Korean War. The years that followed, though under different presidents did not see much change to the functioning of the National Security Council. The turning point came after the 9/11 attack. The attacks on 9/11 came as a shock to the security docket. They realized they have been missing a lot in terms of infrastructure. Communication was paralyzed and the rescue mission almost failed. However, the US security ought to have been ready after the 1998 attacks on its embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. This led to the reconstruction of the NSC and later in 2009, President Barack Obama merged the White House Staff supporting the HSC and the NSC into the National Security Staff (NSS) though each continued to exist with their previous statutes. The reconstruction of the NSC after the 9/11 attack focused on the war against terrorism which was the new threat to national security. This was intensified with the war in Afghanistan and the control of the terrorists’
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
There is no single recruitment strategy that is conclusively the best. An example to highlight the implications of a good recruitment strategy can be seen from the point of a company considering how to recruit staff based on the mobility of both the company’s operations and the mobility of the workforce in the market.
The joint venture entered by both the organisations provided that any dispute that may arise would be resolved by arbitration. Moreover, the law of State X affirms that all the foreign investment agreements need to be sanctioned by the minister of finance.
The business will distribute 60% of its earning s to its shareholders. This will show that the dividend which is paid to the investors is $7 per share. The remaining 40% of the earnings is reinvested. The earnings are expected to grow at a constant rate of 4% annually.
Moreover, as we know women are better in shopping, they purchase 85% of the household items (Hartmann and Klapper). However, at the same time not all products being advertised are like by women some are liked by men for
But while reading our message, our reader cannot see us. There must not be a noise that revokes the listener or reader to understand our meaning.
Answer: Neither choosing to listen nor choosing to speak is easy task. Both
For instance, human activity and technological advancement have been the oldest records of human development. Pebble tools were crude tools that consisted of a pebble stone chopped into a rough cutting edge on one end and have been discovered in Africa. The first
In fact, using them synonymously leads to confusion and misconception specially when talking about the hiring of the employees and working as a line manager. One must avoid all such mistakes so that there is no ambiguity left in the decisions and
7 Pages(1750 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Question Answer for FREE!