The companies mentioned in the question are pursuing a cost leadership strategy. This is evident from their pricing mechanisms that focus on lower costs for the units of product that they sell. The reason why they spend so much on advertising is that they need the volumes…
Download file to see previous pages...
3. Forward pricing makes sense when firms are launching products and the strategy is to ensure that in the initial stages, forward pricing is competitive in the hope of increasing sales later on as well as having an outlook that is bullish on the potential of the product.
4. Centralized decision making is effective when goods are mass produced and sold on a large scale whereas decentralized decision making is effective when the products are targeted at niche segments. The lower wages in the former scenario as well as the higher wages in the latter scenario are justified by the pricing of the products.
5. The differences between these two strategies lies in the way in which marketing costs dominate for export related strategy whereas manufacturing costs dominate for import related strategies. The management control issues that these firms face would be in the sphere of having less control when they operate in nondomestic markets in a manufacturing capacity whereas they would have more control when they are operating in a non domestic market in an import related capacity.
2. It does not seem paradoxical to me because there are certain aspects of products that are not imitable and these are the patented features. Hence, the way to resolve this paradox is by making products that are have unique and distinctive features.
4. It is not the case for firms operating in monopolistic competition as the firms need to be efficient to pursue a product differentiation strategy which needs niche investments and expertise in making unique products and services.
1. Backward integration often results in maximizing efficiencies across the value chain and hence ensuring that firms gain competitive advantage. The opportunism of vertical integration is that firms can leverage upon the entire supply chain as opposed to some parts of it in backward integration.
2. The threats
...Download file to see next pagesRead More
ith the participants under 18-years of age(Konza,1998). It is crucial to either declare the information with consent;keep the information confidential; or declare complete anonymity depending on the subject’s needs.Ensuring privacy is important,not only for authenticity or research,but also for the safety and privacy of young people who are vulnerable to abuse and other psychological,emotional, and physical threats.Keeping the subject’s information confidential is another ethical concern.
Prior to surveying the perceptions of the employees, all the management knows is what they observe of employees’ behavior. For instance, the knowledge of their productivity, absenteeism, and turnover rates exists. Thus, there is lack of information on the attitudes and perceptions, which are responsible for driving employees’ behaviors.
What are the differences? When should you use descriptive and inferential statistics? Descriptive statistics are a set of techniques that help in describing the data at hand in the most effective and detailed manner as possible. Inferential statistics on the other hand are techniques that help the researcher to explore the trends that exist in the population with some confidence on the basis of the collected sample (Howitt & Cramer, 2008).
Darwin was inspired by the birds while he was travelling to Galapagos Islands. He was on a navy when he saw species that were not present in any other place, but he said that they were similar one in other parts like
He violated the Boeing policy as he brought papers at his home in Southern California. Dongfan was sentenced on February 8, 2009 under the act of the Economic Espionage passed in 1966 in US (LOS ANGELES,
This means that the Board of the Directors is open to receiving suggestions from subordinate but not actual directions. The junior level or subordinate managers are the ones with a duty to implement what has been
In the 21st century, information and communication technologies can be said to be in vogue. This is because the government is using ICT in a bid to promote their services that they perform online. However, the available technology is just but one element on the entire
This implies that the natural sciences use various variables and models that are used to examine and evaluate the right volume and quantity that will be of value to all the stakeholders over a period in the